{My Diet Journey} Sugar-Free Teriyaki Chicken Skewers

May 05, 2011



I am sick of eating chicken breasts all the time for dinner during my South Beach Diet already, so I tried to experiment with different way of making the chicken. Last time, I made the kimchi stir-fried chicken which was a Korean dish, so this time I decided to go for a Japanese dish, Teriyaki chicken.

Sugar-Free Teriyaki Chicken Skewers

Ingredients:

1 1/2 tbsp of sesame oil
1/2 tbsp of chopped ginger
1/2 tsp of chopped garlic
1/2 tbsp of soy sauce
1/4 tsp of sweetener
1/2 cup of chicken broth
1 pc of Chicken breasts, cut into cubes
Red pepper, cut into pieces
Green pepper, cut into pieces
Onion, cut into pieces
Skewers

Instructions:

1. Heat sesame oil over medium high heat and saute ginger, garlic until lightly coloured, approximately 1 minute
2. Deglaze pan with broth, add sweetener, soy sauce and simmer to desire consistency, stir frequently.
3. Preheat oven to 375 and assemble skewers with chicken and veggies alternating.
4. Put tin foil over baking tray and brush mixture onto each individual skewers. Pour remaining mixture over chicken.
5. Wrap tin foil and  bake for 30 minutes or until firm to touch.
6. Serve with sauce.


{ Assemble skewers alternating chicken and veggies }


{ Serve with remaining teriyaki sauce }

Behind the scenes:

{ Eat it like this~ }


{ or take them out from the skewers }

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts and comments! Come back soon :)

About Me


About [span]me[/span]
Hello, I'm Lorita. Hoping to inspire you to explore and create things that make life a bit more fun and beautiful.


Instagram