{My Bucket List} Surviving from White Water Rafting

July 28, 2009



This was an exciting and quite memorable first water rafting experience at New World Rafting / Nouveau Monde Rafting with a bunch of awesome friends. The adventure package comes with round trip bus rides, 2 water rafting runs and 3 meals each day during your stay. The weather was not so nice on the first night at the campsite though. We had to set up the tent in the dark with brutally heavy rain. The camp ground is fully equipped with a central bar area where there's party and live music at night. There's also other activities such as beach volleyball, paintball, swimming pool, hot tub and fool's ball, in case you chicken out last minute.




The camp ground is also a bit small, tents are placed side by side with each other which is quite intimate but really, I want my privacy

{I could hear people snoring at night}

{My team getting our raft ready while I sit there and pose}
{When we all need to bend down in our raft going down the current, we scream "Oh Shit!"}
{Dinner: steak with salad and rice, chocolate cake for dessert}



{Vegetarian option is also available}


Our Saturday Run - with Rafter Guide, Marie-France at Washing Machine


Sunday Run - with Rafter Guide, David at Washing Machine

Few of my friends actually got injured during this trip. One of them scarred her face because her goggle snapped when our raft flipped, just a centimeter away from her eye too! Another friend twisted her ankle in the water and also another friend got strangled by the rope when he was being rescued. He ended up having a giant scar around his neck for a good while. So, although water rafting is quite fun but it is also very intense and dangerous, I would probably not do it again.



Check out my other bucket list activities!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for visiting {every little thing}. I'd love to hear your thoughts and comments! Come back soon :)

About Me


About [span]me[/span]
Hello, my name is Lorita. This is a journal of my personal style, travel adventures, food excursions, recipe experiments, DIY tutorials and every little thing in life.


Instagram