{My Diet Journey} French Toast Sticks with Cinnamon Ricotta Creme

April 24, 2011

Now that I'm in phase 2 of my south beach diet, I can finally reintroduce some carbs that I've been avoiding. So to make use of this opportunity of having one serving of carbs in my diet now, I made french toast sticks for breakfast.



French Toast Sticks with Cinnamon Ricotta Creme   

Ingredients:

1 slice of whole grain bread
1 egg
1/4 tsp of cinnamon
1/4 tsp of sweetener (optional)

Instructions:

1. Slice bread into square pieces.

2. Beat egg into bowl. Add cinnamon and sweetener. Mix well.

3. Heat skillet with olive oil

4. Dip bread pieces into egg mixture and pan fry for approximately 2 minutes on each side or until brown.

5. Spread cinnamon ricotta creme to serve.



Cinnamon Ricotta Creme

Ingredients:

1/2 cup of ricotta cheese
1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1/2 tsp of sweetener
1/2 tsp of cocoa powder

Instructions:

1. Put all ingredients together and blend until smooth. Chill in refrigerator. (I made this the night before, so I could save time in the morning and also I like my spread to be cool with the hot toast)


{ Spread with cool cinnamon ricotta creme }


{ Feels good to stay away from eating eggs for breakfast all the time }

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts and comments! Come back soon :)

About Me


About [span]me[/span]
Hello, I'm Lorita. Hoping to inspire you to explore and create things that make life a bit more fun and beautiful.


Instagram