{My Diet Journey} Sunflower Egg Dumplings

April 28, 2011

I hate gloomy days! It's been raining the past days and it makes me very depressed. I thought I should bring in some sunshine by making these lovely egg dumplings in a shape of a sunflower with broccoli and cauliflower.



Sunflower Egg Dumplings

Ingredients:

2 Large eggs
1/4 cup of onions, diced
1/4 cup of cooked turkey meats (or whichever meat you prefer), diced
1/4 cup of red peppers, diced
1 slice of cheddar cheese, grated
Salt
1/4 tsp of chicken powder

Instructions:

1. Beat eggs in a bowl. Add salt and chicken powder for extra flavour.

2. In a separate bowl, combine all diced ingredients together. Add in a tablespoon of egg mixture in and mix well.

3. Heat skillet with medium-low heat and spray with cooking oil.

4. Use a large spoon (or the table spoon), scoop egg mixture and pour into pan. Carefully using the back of the spoon and distribute the mixture into a form of a palm-size circle.  Repeat this process until skillet fits in enough circles without touching each other.

5.  When the eggs are half-cooked, scoop in a teaspoon of filling onto the egg. The filling should be on one side only.

6. Carefully flip the side without filling in half and cover the filling. Press it down with your spatula. The running egg should secure the edges, so make sure the eggs is not fully cooked when you do this step.

7. Flip to the other side and press again until brown evenly each side.

8. Display evenly on plate and serve with broccoli and cauliflower in the center.


{ Brings sunshine to a gloomy day! }


{ Melted cheese inside~ }

My dad used to make these all the time and I can always finish them up by myself. It's not heavy and it's perfect portion without feeling too full because I still have to play my badminton afterward....

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts and comments! Come back soon :)

About Me


About [span]me[/span]
Hello, I'm Lorita. Hoping to inspire you to explore and create things that make life a bit more fun and beautiful.


Instagram