{My Diet Journey} Kimchi Stir-Fried Chicken

April 30, 2011


For dinner, I want to have something spicy and full of flavour, yet because of the diet, I'm pretty limited. But then I found a tub of kimchi in the supermarket and a light bulb came up. In the south beach diet, I'm allowed to have spices, and chili and kimchi is basically spicy lettuce. This dish is pretty simple to make, I don't need to add in anything extra in particular really. But I know that Koreans like to add sesame oil to enhance their dishes, so I included that in my marinade as well. I just wish I can eat this with a bowl of rice or noodles...it will be a perfect combo.

Dinner: Kimchi Stir-Fried Chicken

Ingredients:

1 pc of skinless and boneless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
Kimchi (depending on your taste)
1 tbsp of red chili sauce/bean paste
1 tbsp of sesame oil
1/2 tbsp of soy sauce
1 tbsp sesame seeds (optional)

Instructions:

1. Combine all chicken, kimchi and ingredients into a large bowl and marinate for about 10 minutes.
2. Heat skillet or pan with little bit of oil.
3. Add kimchi chicken mixture with juice into pan and distribute evenly on the pan. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
4. Stir fry chicken with spatula for 5-8 minutes, make sure chicken is well cooked
5. Serve hot with rice or noodles.

{ Marinate chicken for 10 minutes }

{ Lay chicken flat on pan }

{ Great with rice or noodles }

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. [...] already, so I tried to experiment with different way of making the chicken. Last time, I made the kimchi stir-fried chicken which was a Korean dish, so this time I decided to go for a Japanese dish, Teriyaki [...]

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and comments! Come back soon :)

About Me


About [span]me[/span]
Hello, I'm Lorita. Hoping to inspire you to explore and create things that make life a bit more fun and beautiful.


Instagram