My Birthday Gift Card Spending Spree Day TripFebruary 17, 2012
For my birthday this year, I decided to do something different and fun. Something that I've been planning a few years ago. That is to go on a GIFT CARD SPENDING SPREE DAY TRIP on my birthday! It sounds like an exciting day already, doesn't it? I collected a bunch of gift cards over the years from many different occasions. I thought this is the perfect time to spend them all in one go. I also did some research and found out there's a lot of birthday freebies in Toronto as well. So, I took some time to plan my itinerary for my birthday so that I can make the most out of my day without spending a penny.
Let the spending spree begin!
10:00 A.M - Breakfast at Starbucks, Main street
My big breakfast all paid by my gift card. I had tuna melt Panini, Fruit salad and Skinny Iced Mocha with Whipped Cream. And no, I don't eat breakfast like this on a regular basis
12:00 P.M: Full Body Massage Therapy
Oh yes, that was relaxing! 45 minutes massage therapy paid by a gift certificate.
1:45 P.M: Lunch at Tim Horton's
Chocolate dipped donut and chicken wrap for lunch all paid from the Tim Horton's gift card. Did you notice that I didn't order a drink to go with my lunch? Here is why:
2:15 P.M: Afternoon Bubble Tea, Tasty House, Market Village
I'd rather have my favourite drink of all time, mango slush with tapioca and have it paid by my 10-year old stamp card. I'm glad that the shop is still there and I can still use the stamp card.
3:00 P.M Sephora at Yorkdale Shopping Centre
I bought myself a cute statement ring from Marc Jacobs with the gift card. The lid opens up and inside is a perfume balm. I love the scent a lot!
4:00 P.M: Holt Renfrew at Yorkdale Shopping Centre
|Marc by Marc Jacobs|
The winning bag is Marc by Marc Jacobs Classic Q Francesca Tote! I'm so happy I get to bring you home!!!
7:00 P.M Apple Store, Fairview Shopping Centre
Guess what? I was able to buy an iMac with my two Apple gift cards!
8:00 P.M. Dinner at Raa Japanese Cuisine
After a long day of accomplishments, I met up with my family for dinner. We ordered sushis and sashimis, oysters, just to name a few. Since it was my birthday, of course, I didn't have to pay!
10:00 P.M - Dessert at Sen5es Restaurant & Bar
To end the night, I met up with my boyfriend to enjoy desserts at Sen5es Restaurant & Bar. We ordered the pistachio crumble crunch and mango key lime cheesecake. They were both great especially because my boyfriend covered the bill.
This birthday spending spree day trip was a hectic but enjoyable experience. Trying to spend all my gift cards and get all the birthday freebies in one day are ambitious and challenging. Because the locations are all over GTA. I think I had way too much fun and I didn't want it to end so I continued the next day. I claimed my birthday freebies at Menchi's. $5 worth of yogurt! Yay!
I have to say, I was so spoiled on my birthday this year.
- Starbucks (gift card) √
- Tim Horton's (gift card) √
- Full Body Massage (gift card) √
- Facial (gift card)
- Spa (gift card)
- One-person Karaoke (gift coupon)
- Bubble Tea (stamp card) √
- Sephora (gift card) √
- Forever 21 (gift card)
- Holt Renfrew (gift card) √
- Apple Store (gift card) √
- Menchi's (stamp card) √
Next Day at 2:00 P.M - Menchi's
My Menchi's with waffle all free redeemed with my Smileage card!
I know not everyone would be able to collect that many gift cards and spend them all like I did. But don't worry, there are a lot of birthday freebies offered in Toronto that you could take advantage of.
- What a Bagel (Free dozen bagels on your birthday!)
- Menchie's (Free $5 coupon on your birthday when you register online) √
- Sephora (Free gift on your birthday!) √
- Parkers Dry Cleaners ($10 off drying cleaning service from Parkers Dry Cleaning)
Ontario Place (Free Toronto Star Play all day pass, including IMAX® 3D Cinesphere)
- Boston Pizza (Free starter and a coupon for free gourmet pasta on your birthday from signing up to the newsletter)
- Hotel Gelato (Free gelato from Hotel Gelato on your birthday from signing up newsletter)
- Dlish (Free cupcake on your birthday)
- Medieval Times (Free admission with another purchased admission)
- Starbucks (Free drink if you register a card online)
- Dragon Legend (Free buffet on your birthday month for 2 persons for 2 consecutive years with a VIP membership)
- Chatime (a free regular size drink from Chatime when you register your birthday on your rewards card)
- Dairy Queen (BOGO free blizzard when you sign up to Blizzard fan club)
- Baskin Robbins (free ice cream on your birthday when you sign up to BR31 Club)
- Old Spaghetti Factory (free dessert on your birthday)
- Milestones (free meal with a purchase of 3 entrees on your birthday)
- Body Shop (free gift plus a 10% off purchase when you sign up their Love Your Body Club)
- Old Navy (free gift when you sign up with your email)