{Bubble Soccer} Because Normal Soccer Is too boring

October 17, 2014

{Bubble Soccer} Because normal soccer is too boring
I consider myself as the adventurous type, to a certain extent. Not only do I like to explore new cuisines, but I often find myself participating and getting really excited about doing new activities. Lately, I've tried Bubble Soccer.

You probably wonder what the heck is Bubble Soccer... Do you run around kicking the ball while blowing bubbles with a bottle of solution? Nope! In fact, you are in this giant inflatable bubble with only legs outside. Think of it as a bubble costume and you run around in it to kick a soccer ball.

{Bubble Soccer} Because normal soccer is too boring



It's not that common in Toronto yet, there's only few places that offer Bubble Soccer. So when there was an opportunity from work for social event ideas, I suggested it for a team bonding event (pun intended). To my surprise, bubble soccer actually got the highest vote among few other suggestions, such as live band karaoke and axe throwing. I haven't tried axe throwing yet and would love to do so in the near future. At least I see Bubble Soccer to be far more interesting to do as a group and different than just throwing axes.

So how do you play Bubble Soccer? There aren't any rules to playing it. Even though, I realized our department has quite a few avid soccer players who actually decided to play some legit soccer. We even had a referee calling out corner kicks, penalties and all that. Me, on the other hand, just wanted to experience being in a bubble, bumping my colleagues and rolling around the field. Imagine Violet Beauregard from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I also want to take this chance and crash into my boss, just kidding, I wouldn't want to risk my job.
{Bubble Soccer} Because normal soccer is too boring

{Bubble Soccer} Because normal soccer is too boring

We booked 2 soccer fields at The Hangar, Downsview Park and rented the equipments from Toronto Bubble Soccer. The crew at Toronto Bubble Soccer then transported them to the location and inflated the bubbles for us. You could actually play at a park with an open field or even your backyard, if it is big enough. The price of the rental is actually quite competitive, $30 per person with a minimum booking of 8 people.

The bubble itself is huge, there's shoulder straps and handles for you to grab on. The activity is actually more tiring than I thought. Because the bubble is surprisingly heavy, so you are basically running around carrying a lot of weight with you. You could get all sweaty because little ventilation inside the bubble. You might even feel a little bit claustrophobic after awhile. But it was a fun workout. My neck and shoulders are sore the next day (guess I don't work out that part of the muscles that often).

Watch a short clip of our action here.
{Bubble Soccer} Because normal soccer is too boring

So next time, if you feel that soccer is not exciting enough, perhaps Bubble Soccer will change your mind.

Life is too short, go have fun!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

About Me


About [span]me[/span]
Hello, my name is Lorita. This is a journal of my personal style, travel adventures, food excursions, recipe experiments, DIY tutorials and every little thing in life.


Instagram