Brunch with a View {Spencer's at Waterfront}

August 26, 2017

Brunch with a View {Spencer's at Waterfront}

It was our 1st year wedding anniversary the past Sunday. I was really shocked how fast the year had gone by.  I mean, seriously, I haven't even blogged about my wedding yet! LOL. But, to mark our first milestone, we did a mini road trip to a lavender farm and started our day with a little fancy brunch buffet at Spencer's at the Waterfront. It's a beautiful venue in Burlington by the lakefront where I had a chance to dine in at a friend's wedding few years ago. I fell in love with their floor-to-ceiling water view dining room and had a fabulous time there. I had heard good things about their brunch buffet so I knew I had to come back at some point to try. Although, we biked at this waterfront on several casual occasions but we still hadn't have the chance to try Spencer's brunch buffet. But, now we found the perfect occasion for it!

We made an early reservation to come for their brunch that's only available on Sundays. The day didn't start well because of traffic from a collision on the highway which had caused us to arrive half an hour late. Luckily, they still had our seats reserved.

We sat at the patio overlooking the sparkling lake where the sun was shining above our heads. It was such a bright sunny day for a patio brunch. I started my meal with their made-to-order Belgian waffles and crepes. Yes, the sweet stuffs first and I had no regrets! They were sooooo fluffy and soft, just like how I want them to be. The omelette station was also right beside the crepe station so I got an "everything omelette" to go with my starters. As I walked further into the hall inside, I was greeted with more breakfast selection like, eggs benedict, bacon, sausage and peameal bacon. I was really surprised to see eggs benedict in the menu as it was such a rare item to be served well at a buffet. But, they nailed the poached egg, just the right doneness for the yolk to come out runny.



Brunch with a View {Spencer's at Waterfront}







Towards the end of the hall, there were tables full of fresh fruits, artisan cheese, salad, freshly baked bread and Charcuterie. But, I went straight to their meat station instead to try their roast beef and lamb. And as lovers for seafood, Will and I kept going back to get their seafood station to get their oysters, mussels and king crab legs! 

As for the desserts, they offered a decent selection of pastries, pies, tortes, cake and a chocolate fountain! Woot! I wish there were more cakes than pies though. I'm more of a cake person than a pie person.





Brunch with a View {Spencer's at Waterfront}

It would be quite shameful if we only had tap water to go with our meals. So, it was great that the brunch came with fresh beverages without extra charges. Their fruit smoothies were so delicious on such a hot day, I think I ended up sipping 2 glasses after finishing off their freshly squeezed orange juice. What's even more perfect was we got complimentary champagne to toast for our anniversary by this gorgeous waterfront view.

I think we should definitely make this a tradition and come back every anniversary. Don't you think?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts and comments! Come back soon :)

About Me


About [span]me[/span]
Hello, I'm Lorita. Hoping to inspire you to explore and create things that make life a bit more fun and beautiful.


Instagram